Win 6 Cookbooks! Haiku Contest
Want to win 6 books?
Come up with the best haiku
About comfort food
Figure 1 Publishing is giving away SIX of our beautiful cookbooks to ONE lucky winner! All you have to do to win is submit a witty haiku about your favourite comfort food in the comments section below and Like our Facebook page HERE.
Contest opens on October 27th, 2014 and closes at midnight on November 7th 2014. The draw will be held on November 10th, 2014. The best haiku determined by the Figure 1 marketing department will be selected from our pool of registrants, and will be notified by direct message.
What’s a Haiku?
An English imitation of a traditional Japanese haiku consists of seventeen syllables in three lines of 5-7-5.
Here’s an example from Lara, our Managing Editor:
food that’s good for me
is not always the best food
deep-fried carbs and crunch
Be creative! Most importantly, have fun!
Rules and Regulations
1. No purchase is necessary.
2. Prize consists of $192.00 worth of books from Figure 1 Publishing. These are Toronto Cooks, Calgary Cooks, Miss Vickie’s Kitchen, The Dirty Apron Cookbook, and The White Spot Cookbook. Entrants must “Like” the Figure 1 Facebook page and create a haiku about their favourite comfort food. The entry deemed the best will be the winner.
3. Contest opens on October 27th, 2014 and closes at midnight on November 7th 2014. The draw will be held on November 10th, 2014. The best haiku determined by the Figure 1 marketing department will be selected from our pool of registrants, and will be notified by direct message. If we do not receive a response to their direct message within 5 days, a new winner will be chosen.
4. Prizes must be accepted as awarded, are not transferable, and have no cash surrender value. Shipping costs associated with prize delivery are incurred by Figure 1 Publishing.
5. Contests are open to all Canadian residents over the age of 13, except the residents of the province of Québec, employees of Figure 1 Publishing, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, or members of their immediate families.
6. Figure 1 Publishing will not be responsible for telephone, technical, network, online, electronic, computer hardware or software failures of any kind, misdirected, stolen, incomplete, garbled or delayed Internet/e-mail computer transmissions on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in these contests.
7. Figure 1 Publishing maintains the right to use registered member names, email addresses, and postal codes for the purpose of administering the contests, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the winners.
8. For a list of winners, indicate the contest name, contest month, and book title/prize name and send a self-addressed envelope bearing sufficient postage to Figure 1 Publishing, 202–445 W. 6th Ave, Vancouver, BC, V5Y 1L3
9. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
10. Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.