Miss Vickie’s Baked Granola Recipe
And now for a healthy option from Miss Vickie’s Kitchen (in stores now)! Easy to prepare, nutritious and delicious, Vickie’s Baked Granola is a quick recipe for those who are on the go. It’s not difficult to see why organic rolled oats and a selection of your favourite nuts and seeds create a perfect staple breakfast item. All it requires is a splash of milk!
Don’t forget to write a witty haiku on our Facebook page for the chance to win a copy of Vickie’s cookbook along with five other fantastic cookbook titles! Deadline is Friday 7th November. Enter HERE
Vickie’s Baked Granola
4 cups organic rolled oats
1 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1 cup chopped cashews
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup flaxseeds
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1–2 tsp cinnamon (adjust to your taste)
1 tsp sea salt (optional)
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup filtered water
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup raisins
1 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2. Oil a large edged jelly-roll pan.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients except the raisins and cranberries.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oil, water, and honey (warmed first to make it easier to blend with the water).
5. Gradually add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until the oats are well coated.
6. Evenly spread the mixture onto the pan and bake for 45 minutes or until golden.
7. Use a spatula to turn the granola every 10 to 15 minutes to allow for even baking.
8. Cool completely, then add the raisins and cranberries. Store the granola in an airtight container for up to four weeks.